The Global Center on Adaptation actively supports students and young professionals to become leaders in climate change adaptation. The Global Center on Adaptation offers internships through its Young Leaders Program. Young Leaders work with our team on issues surrounding a new global climate adaptation agenda. Interns contribute to our policy, advocacy, and research efforts that help societies across the world become more resilient to climate-related threats.
The internship takes place in the Netherlands at the premises of the Global Center on Adaptation, in Rotterdam and/or in Groningen. During the Program, Young Leaders work independently and with a team of experts on different assignments in an international and diverse environment.
- The Young Leaders Program is open to all candidates currently enrolled in a graduate program from a variety of fields in the social sciences and life sciences.
- Be enrolled in a graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s or PhD) or have graduated within 6 months of application
- Have a solid understanding of international development and climate change adaptation issues
- Have demonstrable leadership potential
- We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified individuals with a diverse professional and academic background, particularly women, to apply. Our aim is to attract and recruit the best talent from any region in the world.
Deadline for applying is January 18th, 2020, 21:00 (CET).
The Young Leaders Program is currently open for applications for the period of May – August 2020 (4 months total).
The Global Center on Adaptation provides a monthly compensation of €500, as well as contributions to housing and travel (including to and from the Netherlands).
For more information, please visit the link: https://gca.org/young-leaders-program