- 3-year doctoral training by research: start: March 2020, end: Dec 2022
- The first PhD position (Project 3) is based at icipe’s Duduville Campus at Nairobi, Nairobi City County, Kenya but with field work in key maize production regions in Kenya
- The second PhD position (Project 4) is based at icipe’s Duduville Campus at Nairobi, Nairobi City County, Kenya as well but with field work in Kenya.
- For more information on the available projects go here
- Please note: Successful candidates will develop a full proposal and register with a University after they commence their PhD programme at icipe.
- MSc degree in biology, crop protection, entomology or a related fields.
- Previous experience with conducting field experiments and lab bioassays, economic threshold assessment of pest and disease might be helpful
- A good knowledge about design of field-, Screenhouse- and lab experiments, data modelling and multivariate analysis will be of help in the project.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum pass of second-class, upper division.
- The Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- The applicant must be a national of Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- A good command of the English language (written & spoken).
- Completed application form and accompanying supporting documents submitted online.
Closing date for applications: 15th January 2020
Go to the online application platform by clicking here to apply and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the Europass Format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified copies of official university certificates and transcripts, and any other professional or academic certificates. Please combine into 1 file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading. For pdf files, can reduce the size using the online tool at https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf
- Copy of a signed recommendation letter from your employer (if currently employed) or University where MSc was undertaken. The letter must be on institute letterhead.
- Close-up photograph in colour of your full head and upper shoulders
- Copy of National ID
- Copy of Passport biodata page (the page that has your picture and personal details)
For more details on this opportunity, click here.