The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org.
CIMMYT is looking for an innovative, academically excellent candidate to join our Global Wheat Research team as PDF – Nitrogen Use Efficiency to contribute to more efficient nitrogen use in wheat based farming systems.
The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping CIMMYT to design a forward-looking research agenda regarding nitrogen management in cereal-based systems.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- PhD in Agronomy or related field.
- Experience in developing and applying quantitative lab and field methods for nitrogen dynamics in plant and soil.
- Experience with in-vivo BNI performance assessment is a plus.
- Competence in analytical methods for agricultural research.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in innovation and to work collegially and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Proactivity, Strategic Thinking, Multicultural Awareness/Sensitivity and Team work.
This position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must apply online to IRS19133_PDF Nitrogen Use Efficiency. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, August 29, 2019. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more details about this opportunity, click here.
If you need help in making this application, please write your question in the comment box below.
If you need to receive similar opportunities like this one, please follow this blog by pressing the follow button in the upper right corner of this page.