The Department of Agricultural Economics of Ghent University is partner of the research project LEX4BIO that focuses on policies to support sustainable use of biobased fertilizers.
The project started June, 1, 2019 and will last for four years.
The Department of Agricultural Economics is leading the research activities that focus on policies on nutrient rich side streams and fertilizer use.The research methodology will mostly use quantitative models developed in GAMS software.
The candidate will work at the Department of Agricultural Economics under the supervision of Prof. Jeroen Buysse. The candidate will conduct a PhD at the Faculty of Bio-Science Engineering. The candidate will be embedded in a motivated and dedicated group of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers at the Department of Agricultural Economics.
- MSc in Bio-Science Engineering, Applied Economics or in a related discipline
- Basic understanding of quantitative social science research methods
- Good MSc study results →Excellent communication skills in English – both orally and written
- Ability to ensure that professional ethics are followed in gathering, processing and disseminating research information
- Strong interest in integrating knowledge across the natural, social and economic sciences, and in developing science-based outcomes that meet policy and practical implementation needs
Deadline for application is July 31, 2019
Interested candidates should submit an application, including a motivation letter and CV by email to Jeroen Buysse (J.Buysse@ugent.be).
For further information about the vacancy, you can contact J.Buysse@ugent.be. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and interviewed during August 2019
For more information on this opportunity, click here.
If you need help in making this application, please write your question in the comment box below.
If you need to receive similar opportunities like this one, please follow this blog by pressing the follow button in the upper right corner of this page.