The Government of India, Department of Science & Technology (DST) of the Ministry of Science & Technology (Govt of India) has successfully supported and executed the two Phases (Phase-I during 2008-1012 and Phase-II during 2013-2017) of Research & Training Fellowship for Developing Countries (RTF-DCS) program.
The ‘Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS)’ program is to provide opportunity to young researchers of the developing countries for their capacity building in science and technology through their affiliation with premier academic and research institutions in India to carry out short-term research work. Under the programme, full financial support is provided to the research fellows for their international travel, subsistence allowance, research contingency, domestic travel in India, etc.
The RTF-DCS programme was initiated in 2008 and has been successfully implemented in the last 10 years with the selected scientists having completed their research work in the respective host institutions in India. Considering the persistently high demand from the researchers from developing countries and the keen interest shown by the Indian research institutions in implementing this programme, the number of Fellowships was increased from 20 to 50 per year with effect from 2014-15
The Department of Science & Technology (DST) now invites applications from the eligible researchers of the developing countries for the 3rd Phase (1st April 2018- 31st March 2023) of the RTF-DCS scheme.
- Applicant should possess at least a Post Graduate Degree in any of the following fiels
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Multi-disciplinary and Other
- Multi-disciplinary and Other Area
- Applicant should be working / studying and / or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submitting the application form.
- The Applicants who have already availed Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS) are not eligible to apply again.
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Govt of India during last 5 years are not ELIGIBLE to apply.
Periods of application 1 September to April 30th of Each year.
Application should be made online here
For detailed information on this opportunity visit this.
If you need help in making this application, please write your question in the comment box below.
If you need to receive similar opportunities like this one, please follow this blog by pressing the follow button in the upper right corner of this page.