Since 2016 scientists from the University of Hamburg and the Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht have been cooperating in the newly founded Helmholtz Institute Climate Service for Science (HICSS). The HICSS should bundle the joint competencies of GERICS and the University of Hamburg in natural, social and economic sciences for the research field “Climate Service Science”.
The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a scientific organizational entity of Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, invites applications for a PhD position (m/f/d), starting as soon as possible. The position is limited to three years.
The project “Future climate and land-use change impacts on groundwater recharge rates and water quality for water resources” (Akronym: Future-H2O) focuses on question related to future groundwater recharge rates, the impact of non-climatic and climatic drivers on the water chemistry, the identification of sensitive parameters to monitor changing conditions, and the transfer of the gained scientific knowledge into practice. The place of employment is Hamburg, Germany
Profile of applicants
- a university degree in meteorology, physics, geoscience, or other related disciplines in natural sciences and earth science is essential
- experience with the analysis and interpretation of data sets from regional climate model ensembles and hydrological models
- knowledge of the programming language Python and experience with Linux/Unix computer environments
- good written and oral communication skills in German and English
- willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team
- willingness to travel to other European countries
Deadline for application is July 3rd, 2019.
Please send your application indicating job offer including your CV, preferably by e-mail in one file not larger than 10 MB to human resources. Informal enquiries can be directed to Prof. Steffen Bender Prof. Daniela Jacob. For applications and other details, please visit this.
If you need help in applying to this application, put your questions on the comment box below.
If you need to receive similar opportunities in the future, follow this blog by putting your email in the follow in the top right corner.