The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa) is a pan-African initiative raising global and multi-stakeholder support for clean energy transition and climate resilience Africa through multidisciplinary network of various stakeholders active in sustainable energy, environment, and climate change fields across the globe. This initiative was launched in 2017. The mentors in this program are researchers and professionals from various institutions and organisations such as the World Bank, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Harvard University, University College London among other world-class institutions and international.
The applicants for this program are students who are registered as masters (Upper division) and doctoral degree programs in Universities across African countries in any discipline. That is, Technology, Sciences, Arts, Law, Social Sciences, Environmental Design and Management, Agriculture, Health Sciences, ICT, among others) provided their research are on sustainable energy, environment or climate change-based topics. Applicants who possess excellent research ideas that aim to solve practical problem or an innovative approach on sustainable energy, environment or climate change will have great chance to be successful.
The deadline for this application is Tuesday April 30, 2019
Application should be made by completing an online application form with short summary of their research concepts. Short listed applicants will participate in the webinar training and submit one page research proposal using standard format and then based on the quality of the proposal and participation in the training successful applicants will be admitted into the one-year mentorship program. Qualified and interested applicants are invited to complete the online application here.
- Participation in a six session webinar training, on sustainable energy, environment and climate change (including soft skills) which will be hosted by the Copenhagen Center on Energy Efficiency (C2E2), a joint initiative of the Danish Government, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
- Admission into a one year one to one mentoring relationship to the research of the applicant with an experienced researcher or professionals from the aforementioned word class organizations.
- Support the applicant to structure his/her research to be innovative, problem-solving, practice-oriented, and carried out to meet global standards.
- Support by ISNAD-Africa to communicate the researcher’s finding to relevant stakeholders in the global community, hence, creating more visibility for your research work and career opportunities.
- Support with idea and funding to implement a self-proposed Environmental Education Outreach and their locality
For inquiries, please contact us via: email@example.com
For more detailed information please visit the link below: https://isnad-africa.org/mentoring-for-research/
If you need any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box at the top right side of this page