icipe is offering the PhD project working on the micro-lepidopteran moth of South American origin, the Tomato leafminer, Tuta absoluta, that represents the dominant and most serious pest of tomato.
Who can apply?
- Maximum age of 36 years for men and 40 years for women by 31st December
- Recent graduate in Microbiology/Entomology, completed less than 10 years ago at the time of application
- BSc degree in biological Sciences with a minimum of 2nd class upper division
- Citizen of an African country
How to apply?
The applicant should upload:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Certified copies of official University certificates,
- recommendation letter from the employer (if employed)
- Funding for the PhD will be covered from African Union Research Grants, the 3 years training will start at 1st April 2019
Deadline? February 22, 2019
For more detailed information please follow this link: http://cbid.icipe.org/apps/tomato-leafminer-2019/index.php
If you need any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.