Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC) and Circuit and Systems Research group (CAS) at University of Oulu, Finland are offering several positions for Doctoral Students in the area of RF/mmW integrated circuit design. CWC is one of the leading research units in the field of wireless communications globally. Its mission is to conduct world-class research, create new technologies, train world-class graduates, and transfer technology to real use. CAS is known e.g. on its fundamental research on understanding and canceling nonlinear distortion.
We are looking for talented research-oriented persons who are interested in research in the field of Future RF and Wireless Communications. Especially in this call we are looking for persons who are interested in RF electronics and integrated circuits for 5G and beyond wireless systems. Specific research topic of this call is:
mmW and THz integrated circuits design towards 6G combined with knowledge of
- mmW and THz circuit and electromagnetic simulation techniques including integrated circuits design at mmW frequencies and beyond
- RF/mmW electronic circuit fundamentals and prototyping
- RF transceivers for communications
- RF Measurements
As a Doctoral Student you will carry out research work within a research team, publish research results in the most esteemed international fora, attend doctoral courses and complete your doctoral thesis within 3–4 years. Please also read the detailed requirements for entering the University of Oulu Graduate School for which all doctoral student candidates must apply: http://www.oulu.fi/uniogs/node/2662
To successfully occupy the position of a Doctoral Student, you must possess an applicable Master of Science degree (or other applicable Master’s degree) completed with very good / excellent grades.
In addition, we appreciate
• strong fundamental knowledge on RF technologies and electronics including RF/mmW transceivers , semiconductor technologies and radio frequency integrated circuits (RFIC) and components up to mmW region
• capability to write scientific publications based on the results achieved during doctoral studies
• readiness for demanding challenges
• high motivation and work efficiency
• co-operational and team working skills
Application, including any attachments, must be submitted using the electronic application system SAIMA by 25.4.2018.
In your written application, please provide clearly the following information:
- research interests and expertise areas
- computer skills (including level)
- motivation for doctoral studies
- language skills
- your availability (time frame)
- contact details of three (3) referees
Add the following appendices to your application:
- List of publications
- (Scanned) copy of your degree certificate
- Official English translation of your Master’s degree
Potential candidates will be interviewed for open positions during –April – May 2018. The expected starting time for the research work is in the second or third quarter of 2018. The applications will not be returned.
- Prof. Aarno Pärssinen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Timo Rahkonen (email@example.com)
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.