The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. APHRC seeks to recruit a Post-Doctoral Fellow to work under its Aging and Development Program.
- Lead on all aspects of an in-depth qualitative investigation on experiences and impacts of Kenya’s older persons cash transfer program in two informal urban settlements in Nairobi
- Lead and contribute to scientific writing and the development of donor or other reports on the qualitative investigation and other, relevant, research outcomes
- Lead and contribute to the design of related research activities, and the development of research proposals within the aging program.
Applicants should have
- PhD in Social Gerontology, or related fields. The fellowship should be taken up within two years of completion of doctoral degree;
- Strong writing skills and good record of publications on relevant subject areas
- Experience or strong interest in the areas of aging, social protection and intergenerational relationships
- Strong qualitative research skills (data collection, management, analysis (by hand and with software packages), interpretation, reporting)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience of conducting empirical research with older persons
- Experience of conducting empirical research in sub-Saharan African settings
- Experience and high levels of familiarity with a diverse set of health and social science data sets
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team;
- Experience in developing proposals and attracting research grants.
Interested candidates are invited to apply and include letter of application; a statement of research interests and goals (1-2 pages); and CV with contact details of three referees through online recruitament portal.
For detailed information on this opportunity, please visit this page.
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.