At the University of Kassel, Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences, Group Organic Plant Production and Agroecosystems Research in the Tropics and Subtropics, (Prof. Dr. Andreas Bürkert), is looking a PhD candidate for the following position.
Part-time fixed term-position (65%) initially until 14.04.2019, c, with a possible extension by at least 2 years. This specific research unit has a wide disciplinary scope, covering diverse dimensions of Social-Ecological Systems. Its research programme addresses transition processes in agriculture, ecology, economy, and society that are linked to rapid urbanization, using Bangalore, an emerging megacity in South India, as an example. Research will be carried out in close collaboration with our Indian partners. In the context of this project, a doctoral position is available addressing “Intensification effects on matter flows in rural-urban cropping systems – Field studies”. The position cannot be shared. Main place of service is Witzenhausen, regular field work in India for several months per year will be required. Fitness for service in the tropics is therefore mandatory.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a factorial field experiment at the station of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, in collaboration with PhDs from other sub-projects and the local Indian partners
- Assessing nutrient and carbon fluxes in the field experiment and on farm in the rural-urban interface of Bangalore, aiming at better understanding the system dynamics of intensification
- Participating in project-related seminars and workshops, and in international conferences by presenting own results
The applicant should fulfill the following requirements
- MSc degree in agronomy or related fields
- Experience in field work and experimental design and evaluation
- Knowledge of processes determining nutrient fluxes and losses from agroecosystems
- Fluent knowledge of English language (proven by internet-based TOEFL of at least 80 points or equivalent language certificate).
- Ability and willingness to work in a dedicated team with an international and intercultural background in India and Germany
The deadline for application is 1st March 2018
For making application, contacte Dr. Ellen Hoffmann, University of Kassel, Email: email@example.com
For more details on this opportunity, refer to the project website http://www.uni-kassel.de/go/for-2432 or to Dr. Ellen Hoffmann, University of Kassel, Tel: +49 5542 98 1251, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.