The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in the Life Sciences Research Unit of its Faculty of Sciences, Technology and Communication (FSTC) in the Systems Biology Lab.
Post doc (Assistant chercheur) in Systems Biology (M/F)
- Ref: F1-080013
- 2-year fixed-term contract
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
The research focus is molecular systems biology. In particular, we are interested in the
- Development and testing of fast algorithms for modelling signaling networks, within the Probabilistic Boolean modelling framework
- Computational analysis of cancer specific signaling networks
- Analysis and integration of experimental data in collaboration with biological partners
- The successful candidate will perform research related to the topics of the Systems Biology Laboratory; possible collaborations e.g. with the Luxembourg Centre of Systems Biomedicine and industrial partners.
- Participation in teaching activities: Bachelor in Life Sciences / in Integrated Systems Biology / Doctoral School of Molecular and Systems Biomedicine.
- Submission of grant proposals and (co-)supervision of Master and PhD students will be encouraged.
Applicants should have the following profile
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics or Computational Systems Biology (or equivalent)
- Solid background in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology documented by peer-reviewed publications.
- Background in the biology of signal transduction is an asset.
- Proficient knowledge in English is mandatory. Knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage.
Deadline for application is 15 February 2018
Applications should be made on this application portal
Applications should contain the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Copies of diplomas
- Names of potential references
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.