The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) In-Country/In-Region Scholarships Programme seeks to recruit a PhD graduate fellow to undertake a research study on Economic analysis of milk quality certification in Rwanda.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
DAAD is a German Academic Exchange service which is a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany. DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programs.
The various available PhD positions are the following
- ILRI – DAAD PhD Graduate fellowship: – Economic analysis of milk quality certification in Rwanda (closing date: 11 February 2018)
- ILRI – DAAD PhD Graduate fellowship: Opportunities and limitations of mobile handheld Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) for analysis of feed, forage and fodder quality (closing date: 11 February 2018)
- ILRI – DAAD PhD Graduate fellowship: – Designing integrated strategies for the control of Taenia solium infections in Uganda using a theory of change approach (closing date: 11 February 2018)
- ILRI – DAAD PhD Graduate fellowship: Leveraging Digital Technology for Crowdsourcing and Dissemination of Information to Improve Market Linkages in Drylands of Kenya (closing date: 11 February 2018)
- ILRI – DAAD PhD Graduate fellowship: – Social networks, risk management and uptake of improved dairy technologies (closing date: 11 February 2018)
- ILRI – DAAD PhD Graduate fellowship: Development of nation-wide interactive decision-making tools around feed supply- demand in Ethiopia and Burkina Faso(closing date: 11 February 2018)
- ILRI – DAAD PhD Graduate fellowship: Climate Smart Interventions to improve fodder quality and quantity (closing date: 11 February 2018)
MSc degree in related field to each of the above positions. Specific requirements are available for each position.
11 February, 2018. Deadlines may vary according to the specific positions. Check the links above.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents on this online application portal:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the scholarship position, what you can bring to ILRI. The graduate fellowship project title and reference number should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter.
- Names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF: please use the Europass CV template available on (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified scanned copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts
- A temporary admission letter including fee structure of respective course or an official letter assuring admission (scanned PDF copy). This will be provided to you in soft by your institution upon shortlisting. If this is not available by the closing date for application; please include with the application a commitment letter that you will have obtained this by 1st September 2018 as this is a mandatory requirement before commencing the fellowship program
- PhD research proposal including a work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism tests will be checked! The proposal has to be in line with the above outlined ILRI’s research project
- One page abstract of the proposal (please include name and title of proposal)
- Confirmation of study leave from your institution or university/ Confirmation of teaching release (if applicable; scanned PDF copy)
If you want any support in making an application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.