The ASLP is an initiative of the University of Pretoria in partnership with the Global Young Academy, funded by the Robert Bosch Stiftung. It servers early-to-mid-career researchers in basic and applied science, engineering, social sciences, arts and the humanities. The programme aims to grow mid-career African academics in the areas of thought leadership, team development, engagement and collaboration, with the intention of enabling them to solve the complex issues that face both Africa and the global community.
Who can apply?
- PhD holder or with equivalent position
- From research institution or higher education in Africa
- With sustained record of outstanding scientific outputs
- Interest in translating and communicating the results of their work for impact in society
- Demonstrated leadership ability in research and beyond
- Interest in the role of research in addressing complex issues affecting society
- Interest in collaboration across disciplines and sector
- Commitment to participate in all activities of the fellowship
- Intent to share what is learned in the programme with their broader networks
Where? Pretoria, South Africa
- 05 January, 2018 Application close
- 01 February 2018 Outcome letters sent to applicants
- 15 March 20118 Arrival of Fellows, to begin training on the 16th
- form 16-21 March 2018 Training duration