The University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business (UCT GSB) is offering scholarships to social innovators and entrepreneurs, who want to address our continent’s urgent social, economic, environmental and humanitarian challenges. In association with UCT GSB, the Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, a specialized unit at the UCT Graduate School of Business, is pleased to be offering Africa’s leading innovators, out-of-the-box thinkers, system-entrepreneurs, change makers, graduates and social entrepreneurs and activists the opportunity to study at Africa’s top business school, the UCT Graduate School of Business.The scholarships cover either the partial or full programme costs and are open to candidates in any field where they have been exploring social, environmental, political impact through innovative approaches towards social justice.
You are eligible for a Bertha Scholarship:
- if you are an African citizen or permanent resident
- if you have started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social or economic change
- if you have worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation
- if you demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field
- if you meet the admission requirements of the university for your selected course of study.
- Submit your MBA or MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme application before the respective deadlines to the GSB.
- Submit the GSB Scholarship Application Form which should include:
- Your UCT GSB application number received from the GSB Admissions Office
- Your contact details and your CV uploaded
- Your answers to the three essay questions, which shows how the degree programme at this stage in your career will help to accelerate impact in your area of work/interest and how it will contribute to society as a whole.
- Your short [no longer than four minute] video.
- In the choice of scholarship on the application form, remember to select the option for Focus on Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship (Bertha Scholarship).
pplications are currently open until 31 October 2017.
Interviews will take place on 28 or 29 November 2017
For more information on this opportunity visit this link.
If you want any support in application, post your question in the comment box below.
If you would like to receive similar opportunities regularly, please follow this blog by inserting your email in the follow box in the top right side of this page.